Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Leslie's Obituary



This is my obituary for the death of Leslie Burke, Room 20 has just finished reading the book 'Bridge to Terabithia' It was awesome! And then my teacher said that we had to write an obituary... I thought what in the world is an obituary??? Later that day she gave the class an example, a obituary for Steve Jobs! Then we listed the things that the people who  wrote it put in there. We spotted the date, how it happened, who was involved, occupation, what did family and friends say etc.  I found it really easy because I LOVE WRITING and it was lots of fun it also made me feel how sad and devastating it is to have your best friend pass away :(  To be honest with you the date and time is made up because the book didn't tell me anything about the date and time. Room 20 also watched the movie and we found things that are very different from the book... I HIGHLY recommend you read and watch 'Bridge to Terabithia'


~ Catherine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Catherine, I think you've done a great job of capturing some of the character traits of Leslie and how important her character was in the story.

Anonymous said...

you must have listened carefully to the story or the movie because it looks like you understood everything.