Sunday, 8 September 2013

Maths Olympiad | 2013



On the 28 of August it was the day Room 20 had all been waiting for...
It was the YEAR MATHS OLYMPIAD! It is like a reply race but maths kind.  Every class has 2 teams made up of 4 people. We all get 30 minutes to solve 20 questions.. And trust me they were hard.Our 2 teams had tackled all the maths we could possibly have and practised and practised hard! We even learnt the meanings of words like withdraw, overdraft, deposit.  Let me introduce you to the teams...There were:
Team 1 : Anahita, Lee, Hubert, Zhaoyu
My Team: Charlie, Me, Maddi & Louis


Our team wasn't the strongest but we didn't care, we ignored everyone even if we were getting beaten. We were the only ones with EVERYONE co-operation throughout the WHOLE half an hour as far as I saw... The first question was really easy but then on question 2 it got REALLY hard! I think that the teachers were being mean!  Time had passed quick we were still on our second question, at the time our team was just about to give up but then we went up to check the answer.. Guess what?! WE GOT IT! We were the 1 in 2 teams who had got it! That encouraged us to push ourselves. At one point our team was all in different directions! TIME IS UP! Although we didn't win and get our names engraved on the trophy we were sooo proud of ourselves I know Mrs Graham and Room 20 were too! And big shout out to Room 20 for cheering  and supporting us from the start :)


It was an amazing experience I enjoyed it alot it made me improve my co-operation skills, sharing each others ideas, not to shout at each other! I'd hope to do it again sometime :)
--
~ Catherine


No comments: